First, RapidCompute provides each customer with a unique VLAN, which makes it virtually impossible for potential attackers to snoop on our customers’ data.
Important account information is stored externally in a secure billing platform. RapidCompute does not store any customer credit card or bank account information anywhere on its system.
RapidCompute provides network management tools through its customer portal to help customers configure remote access to their RapidMachines. Internet access to RapidCompute may be obtained through any ISP (and Internet connection through Cybernet is not necessary). However, the security controls related to Internet traffic in such a case are covered under the contracted ISP’s own domain.
The hypervisor used by RapidCompute is a secure, trusted and highly supported commercial platform. Furthermore, RapidCompute administrators, with decades of experience managing and securing data of Cybernet customers, follow best practices to protect customer access information such as user accounts, passwords and admin user IDs.
The RapidCompute network is also protected by a state-of-the-art Unified Threat Management (UTM) firewall cluster that provides effective protection from a multitude of threats emanating from the Internet.
Finally, RapidCompute encourages its customers to take simple additional steps that go a long way in further improving the security and data recovery of its RapidMachines:
- Although customer stored data cannot be accessed either by RapidCompute administrator or by other customers, customers are recommended to employ data encryption features of their cloud OS.
- Create frequent snapshots of RapidMachines and store them locally, separate from the RapidMachines to ensure quick rebuild in the case of failures.
- Manage and protect access to RapidMachines by frequently reviewing authorization rights (including regularly changing passwords) of organizational users and tracking access records.
- Authorize only specific (and necessary) users to perform financial transactions through the RapidCompute customer portal.
- Implement additional security controls on your RapidMachines such as protection against viruses, Trojans, worms and root kits at the OS level.
- Manage secure log-ins through Remote Desktop or VNC.
- Since all traffic is blocked by default, customers must configure OS level firewall policies according to their security needs.
RapidCompute infrastructure is housed in Cybernet’s state-of-the-art data center. This data center has the following features:
- Two layer physical security comprising armed guards on each floor and the entrance to the building available around the clock to restrict access to authorized users only.
- Three layer Digital Identity check mechanism in place before reaching the actual facility to ensure restricted and authorized access.
- 24/7 monitoring through CCTV cameras monitored locally and remotely. Each aisle and corner of the inside facility is monitored whereas all entry and exit points outside are also observed.
- World’s leading fire suppression system Inergen in N+1 configuration and intelligent smoke detectors.